Friday, April 05, 2013

Emily Park - Skokie, IL

© (2013) Photographs by Vicki Polin
Music by Five For Fighting - "100 years to live"

I took a stroll through Emily Park in Skokie. This was a very special place for me growing up. Every time I go back here I'm totally amazed at how much it's changed since I went to day camp here several years ago. 

The lagoon used to be filled with snails and leaches. I remember when learning how to row a boat our camp counselors warned us not to fall in. Due to the number of leaches in the water. 

I also couldn't help thinking about the secret path we would take from Oakton Bowl across the bridge of the railroad tracks to get to the park when I was in Jr. High. So many memories flood my mind each time I come here.

Today the wildlife is something I never expected to see in Skokie. Who would have ever think there would be geese living at Emily Park, let alone deer.


No comments: