Friday, December 24, 2010

From Highland Park to West Rogers Park - Winter Wonderland

There are 3 different videos posted here from my day near the Lake Michigan.  The first group of pictures were captured at Gillson Park in Willmette, IL.  The second was my journey from Highland Park to Chicago along Sheridan Road and then into Juneway and Rogers Avenue Beaches.  The third is a movie of the ice covered waves along the beach.


1) Maoz Tzur - Rock of Ages (Gillson Park, Wilmette, IL)

Photographs by Vicki Polin
Music by Marc Cohen - Rock of Ages

It was pretty warm for a December day in Chicago.  I decided to go over to Gilson Beach for my daily walk.  It was like walking along in a winter wonderland.  Everything was frozen over.  The sand crunched with each step.



2) Cloudy
Photographs by Vicki Polin
Music by Simon and Garfunkel - Cloudy
I decided to drive down Sheridan Rd after visiting a friend in Highland Park.  I couldn't help but capture the snow as it was falling on this famous winding road on Chicago's north shore.  Once I hit the Chicago border I stopped off at Juneway and Rogers Ave. Beaches.



3) Watching the ice capped waves.
I wanted to capture the ice capped waves in motion.

1 comment:

Linda Yates said...

You Chicagoans must be one HEARTY BUNCH! Saw one guy standing there with no hat, saw others standing in ankle deep water - hope to heaven they have boots on. And the dogs! Oh, what torture to have to walk a dog in those temps! But the stark beauty of winter is dramatic beyond words and I love looking at it even if I am not in it - I'm in Florida, where 45 is too cold!