Saturday, November 08, 2008

Birkat HaGomel (Surviving Danger) - Road Trip to Gettysburg, PA

© (2008) Photographs by Vicki Polin

Birkhat Ha‑Gomel is blessing (prayer) said after surviving illness, childbirth, or danger.
Blessing: "Blessed are You, LORD, our God, King of the Universe, who bestows good things on the unworthy, and has bestowed on me every goodness."
Congregational Response: "Amen. He Who has bestowed on you every goodness, may He continue to bestow on you every goodness. Selah."

A friend of mine and I were involved in a serious a car accident with earlier in the week on a highway in Maryland. As we were coming down an entrance ramp from the corner of my eye I noticed a car to my left spinning out of control. I slowed down enough so that my car wasn't hit, yet a second later the other car bounced off the guard railing and smashed into my car. B'H' no one was hurt seriously.

I really needed to get away for a few hours to focus on something other then insurance companies and medical care so I went on a day trip with a friend to capture the fall. We went out on Falls Rd. passing through Lineboro, Maryland, stopping at the Twin Springs Farm to take pictures of the Buffalo and then went on up to and around Gettysburg, PA.

It's amazing how beautiful the day was considering it was a grey and dreary day.

The first video is from Cockysville to Lineboro, MD. The second is from Lineboro to and around Gettysburg. Hope you enjoy the show.

The music in Part 1 is "What is it we fear" by "Get Smart".




The music in Part 2 is "Jerusalem" by Matisyahu.

No comments: